It’s that time again! These are the things I demolished this month.
1. Clinique Even Better Makeup foundation ($27 for 1oz) – I’ve been working through this one for a while now, and I like it a lot. Great coverage, natural-dewy finish, long-wearing and it works well on oily or dry skin. Bonus points for being very reasonably-priced too. I’ll probably repurchase at some point, but there are so many foundations out there I haven’t tried yet!
2. Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme ($7.99 for 8oz) – Aside from my face which is normally oily, I’ve had chronically dry skin my entire life. I’ve tried a ton of different body lotions, but for the past several years I just keep coming back to this one. It spreads easily, is thick and moisturizing, and sinks in quickly. It has a faint oatmeal scent, which I love. I keep a backup or two at my house, plus a tube in my desk at work, and one in my camping bag during the summer.
3. Shu Uemura Pure:Nu Oil-in-Gel Cleanser ($25 for 100ml) – I got this as a deluxe sample when I ordered my Shu S curler, and their plan worked. This little tube lasted me 2 weeks of daily use, and it’s really nice. It doesn’t dry me out a bit (always a concern) and will remove my makeup if I’m too lazy to use a separate makeup remover. It also smells great – like roses, but real roses, not fake rose-fragrance. I’ll definitely be purchasing the full size.
4. Hourglass No 28 Primer Serum ($65 for 1oz) – This one came as a deluxe sample in a Sephora promo, and unfortunately I love it. Unfortunate because it’s hands-down the most expensive primer I’ve ever used, if I were to buy it. It’s heavenly right now since my skin is very dry & dehydrated from using accutane. Luckily a tiny bit goes a long way (this little bottle lasted about a month), and I also was able to score a couple more samples of it from friends who don’t need super-hydrating primers. I’m not sure if I’ll still need a hydrating primer after this winter, but if I do it’ll definitely be this one.
5. Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Mascara ($24) – I got this in the same promo as the Hourglass serum, I think. It’s a nice mascara, but I don’t think ‘volumizing’ is the word I’d use to describe it. It does add some volume, but it’s not all that dramatic. However, it separates well and lasts well on my eyes (a bit of flaking after 10 hours or so), so I’ve been happy with it. I probably won’t purchase the full size because I’ve got a zillion other mascaras to go through first.
What products did you empty out this month? Share them in the comments!