Kick it to the Curb: things that didn’t work for me
I’ve had a slightly higher-than-average failure rate with products recently due to impulse-buying, so here are some things that aren’t worth the real estate they’re taking up in my makeup drawers.
- NARS Matte Multiple Altai review – http://bit.ly/OOw1do
- TRIM Lash Curler
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude
- Dior Addict Extreme Lipgloss in 643
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic
- NARS Matte Multiple in Altai
- Hourglass No 28 Primer
- NARS Instant Line & Pore Perfector
- Tarte Creaseless Maracuja Concealer in Light
- Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Medium Beige
- Guerlain Parure de Lumiere Foundation in Beige Clair
- Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in Tea Rose
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood
- Chanel Illusion d’Ombre in Convoitise
- Dior Fusion Mono Matte in Mirage and Nocturne
- NARS Brow Perfector in Suriname
- Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl in Nude
- Diorshow Lash Maximizer
- Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara
- Edward Bess Lip Liner in Natural
- Givenchy Le Rouge in Brun Vintage
StephanieMarch 2, 2014 at 10:48 am
Great video! I have a few things to return. LORAC Lip Luxe 8 Hour Lip Color in Coral, I received Orchid as a gift and it’s a great sheer spring color and I was hoping to find the same in the coral color but it’s not sheer and is just orange on my face. I love rose colored lip products and will collect them forever, but I’m trying to expand into spring-ier colors and this item is not helping the transition.
I also wanted to love Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Bon Bon. I really like the formula but the color is too intense for me. Swatches online looked amazing so I don’t know what’s wrong with my face. I might try this again so we’ll see.
NikkiMarch 3, 2014 at 11:53 am
It’s so hard to go by swatches online sometimes! Even when the lighting/color balance are right the color can show up contrast differently against your undertones. I always try to find swatches from someone who’s close to my color!