Yesterday I asked if anyone wanted to see certain products from my haul first, and the consensus was pretty much “show us the Surratt!” It’s still a little bit premature for full reviews, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take just a little peek – so here’s how I’m wearing them today:
I’m also wearing:
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light
- Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Medium Beige
- Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Light Beige
- Burberry Light Glow Blush in Hydrangea Pink
- Burberry Frest Glow Powder in Nude Radiance
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused
- Laura Mercier Vanilla Nuts eyeshadow
- NARS Brow Perfector in Suriname
- Givenchy Noir Couture mascara layered over a coat of Armani Eyes to Kill
And of course this wouldn’t be complete with out swatches and first impressions, so here are some of those too.
Lip Lustre in Pompadou Pink
This is a really nice lip gloss. It’s a little thicker than most I have, not sticky, and lasts a long time with good pigmentation. I’m not sure it’s going to convert me to a lover of all lip gloss, but I do like it so far.
Smoky Eye Baton in Vapeur Mauve
The liner end goes on pretty easily (I don’t have to stretch my eyelid out) and the pigmentation on both ends is great. I still haven’t fully tested it for wear time yet though. Purple is my second favorite eye color after neutral, so I think I’ll get a lot of mileage out of this.
Artistique Blush in Grisaille
Umm, why are people not shouting from the rooftops about what a great contour color this is? To be fair, it might not work as well for skin over NC30 or so because it’s sort of light, but I really like it. It’s got a tiny bit of a sheen but not enough to look weird, and it’s just cool-toned enough. I have grand visions of getting Aureole (the highlight shade) and a blush, and putting them all in a cozy little palette together. An expensive palette, to be sure, but convenient. Though it probably is worth pointing out that Grisaille gets you .2oz/5.7g for $32, whereas the repackaged Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is .11oz/3.1g for $44. Just sayin’.
If you’ve tried anything from the Surratt line, share what you thought in the comments!