The Wonderful World of Taupe (eyeshadow, that is)
I don’t have a whole lot of words for you today – just some pretty pictures. I’m really obsessed with taupey eyeshadows right now, so I pulled out a half dozen of my favorites so you can see how they compare. After all, I know for a fact I’m not the only one on an endless quest for the perfect taupe.
1. Burberry Complete Eye Palette Pink Taupe – leans just a little bit mossy, and it’s one of the few shades that I haven’t really seen a dupe for.
2. Laura Mercier Topaz (available as a single) – a bit silvery with a nice sheen
3. Laura Mercier Bamboo (available as a single) – maybe a little too golden to call taupe, but I love it enough that I had to throw it in
4. Burberry Rosewood – just a tinge of a purple-y undertone
5. Dior Fusion Mono Mirage – maybe the perfect eye contouring shade
6. Hourglass Suede Duo (darker shade) – the taupiest of them all
What’s your favorite taupe eyeshadow? (Trick question – I know you can’t pick just one)
JillianApril 18, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Le Metier de Beaute’s “Corinthian” or Addiction’s “Flashback”… It’s true, you really can’t pick just one.
Thank you so much for the lipstick– I just got back home and I LOVE IT!
NikkiApril 18, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Welp, now I’m off to look those up! I’m so glad you like the lipstick :-)
JeannieApril 18, 2014 at 12:45 pm
I have a NYX eyeshadow trio called Rock and Roll and the middle shade is a gorgeous taupe that is supposed to be a dupe for MAC’s Satin Taupe!
NikkiApril 19, 2014 at 1:54 pm
I’ll have to check that out! Satin Taupe is so pretty, but I really don’t like the formula of MAC eyeshadows.