30 Random Facts
A few of my favorite beauty-blogger-people have done this, and despite the fact that I haven’t been tagged, I want to play too! Also, I know I haven’t really shared a ton about myself yet on here and what better way to do it?
- I read. A lot. Mostly sci-fi & fantasy, the more dark and dystopic the better.
- I can’t handle movie gore, but real life blood and guts don’t bother me – dissecting things in biology class was awesome.
- I get really into stuff and learn everything I can about it. Some of my obsessions: photography, biking, fountain pens & stationery, makeup (obvs).
- I’m 5’2″ tall.
- My favorite dogs are Great Danes. We had a couple growing up, and my husband and I have had two. Jobe, who we adopted when he was 8 years old (he passed away a few years ago) and Dexter, who we’ve had since he was a puppy – he’ll be 2 later this month.
- Probably one of my favorite things to do is go see live music. Some of the best shows I’ve seen were Muse, Tool, Metric and Capital Cities.
- My sense of humor is roughly the equivalent of a 14 year old boy’s. The most likely phrase to come out of my mouth is “that’s what she said.”
- My bachelor’s degree is in Art Studio, concentration in photography, with a minor in computer science. My second and third choices were linguistics or kinesiology & health promotion.
- Related to the above, I own a medium format film camera. I rarely use it because I have to ship the film out of state to have it processed.
- I didn’t get braces until I was 25. Overall it required 4 years, 6 teeth pulled and one surgery to correct my overbite. So if you ever see my throwback photos and wonder if I’ve ‘had work done’ on my jaw, then yes, yes I have.
- I’ve always been afraid of watersports, but a few years ago I learned how to wakeboard and it’s really fun. I can’t do jumps or flips, but I can ride around on the water. Now I want to learn to surf.
- I like running but I’m very, very slow. I’ve done the Flying Pig half-marathon in Cincinnati three times, and the Chicago marathon twice.
- I’m not afraid of heights, but I’m extremely afraid of the sensation of falling. Gateway Arch in St. Louis – totally fine. Tower of Terror – not so much.
- I grew up in north-central Texas.
- I hate beer, and I love red wine. If I could start over I’d be a sommelier.
- I’ve only been out of the US once, and that was for our honeymoon in Cancun. I’m not sure that counts, since most people speak English and you didn’t even need a passport at the time.
- My list of places I want to travel to is huge. Top five are San Francisco, New York City, Italy, Japan and London.
- I don’t really watch TV. There are a few shows I like, but if it weren’t for my husband I probably wouldn’t even own a television.
- My husband and I are child-free/childless by choice.
- I have nine piercings and four tattoos (so far….).
- I’ve taken Spanish and Italian language classes, but I don’t seem to retain anything for very long after I finish. I occasionally pick up international editions of Vogue for practice.
- I was in the school band from 6th-11th grade. I played the saxophone. One time our jazz ensemble got to play in that Disneyworld cafe where the stage rises up out of the floor.
- I hate talking on the telephone; I get very nervous if I have to make a phone call. Luckily, email.
- I have a serious sweet tooth, and hate seafood.
- I’m the second oldest of four kids – I have an older sister, and younger sister and younger brother. They’re all taller than me.
- I can’t dance. When you hear jokes about white people dancing, that is me.
- You could describe me as nocturnal. I enjoy my sunshine, but I feel most on top of my game from 12PM-1AM. Unfortunately my job requires me to be awake much earlier than that.
- I have a really easy time remembering random strings of letters & numbers – usernames, software license keys, IP addresses, the numbers of my makeup brushes.
- I’m allergic to everything. Cats, dogs, horses, trees, grass, mold, dust, ragweed… and lots of other things. This has resulted in replacing all of our curtains with blinds, and replacing the carpet with laminate flooring (which we installed ourselves).
- If Cards Against Humanity scores are any indication, I’m a terrible, awful person :-)
So there, that’s more than you ever wanted to know about me! I like getting to know people, so I’m tagging Bisous Darling, Brightest Bulb in the Box, Bronzer Bunny, and Pigmented Lips!
Joyce (bronzerbunny)February 10, 2014 at 1:19 am
thanks for tagging me! :) I’m sure i will never think of 30 facts about me lol
NikkiFebruary 10, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Coming up with 30 was harder than I expected it to be!
BisousdarlingFebruary 10, 2014 at 11:48 am
Yay! I’m going to do this right now :)
SenFebruary 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm
OMG the falling thing! IF that happens to me in a video game, like I jump off a cliff (totally by accident) I get the woozy feeling of falling since I’m in first person.
I always wanted to see TOOL live the “closest” I got was seeing A Perfect Circle, that was a pretty good night.
Seafood hater and sweet toother checking in too! :D
NikkiFebruary 11, 2014 at 4:07 pm
So jealous, I’ve never gotten to see APC! Tool is being a big tease right now – they have some shows in March, but the closest one to me is Houston, so still almost 1000 miles away. I’m crossing my fingers for more shows later in the year.
SenFebruary 11, 2014 at 5:32 pm
As fun as APC was Maynard wore a freakin Adidas tracksuit and a wife beater vest!! I was so disappointed in that. It’d be nice if they came here and not at a festival.